[Koha] Paying fines?

George Adams g_adams27 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 08:52:12 NZDT 2008

(Koha 3.0alpha, (Gentoo) Linux 2.6.24, MySQL 5.0.56)

I have my fine rules setup and bin/cronjobs/fines2.pl running every
night to generate fines.  They are being calculated correctly, so that
much is good.

However, when an overdue item with fines is checked back in, nothing
prompts the librarian that the fine is due.  The check-in page
(returns.pl) simply shows that the item has been checked in, with no
other alerts.

So how is a librarian supposed to know at the time of check-in that the
patron owes a fine (either for the book being checked in OR for prior
fines that haven't yet been paid)?  The check-in or check-out time is
definitely when you want to inform the librarian about a fine owed by
the patron.

Thanks.