[Koha] Shelf browser?

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Mar 18 10:45:28 NZDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:05 PM, George Adams <g_adams27 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Back when I was evaluating open-source ILS products, I saw a nice feature in PINES that I'd love to see in Koha: shelf browsing.
>
>  Once you find an item (via search or whatever), you can click the "Shelf Browser" link and get a list of all the other items sitting on the shelf around that item (based on... I dunno, call number?  Dewey decimal number?)
>
>  Anyway, it's a nice way to virtually browse the shelf around the item you want, especially for a small church library like ours with only a hundred items or so.
>
>  Does Koha have a feature like that anywhere in 3.0?  If not, is it on a todo list anywhere?
It does now :-). Sunday evening I whipped up a basic degradable shelf browser
and this afternoon Owen made it pretty. We've both pushed up our patches and it
will appear in the 3.0-beta.

If you'd like a preview of this, you can view the following url:

http://opacdemo.koha.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=433

>  Thanks.
You're very welcome, thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support