[Koha] Running OPAC and Intranet at the same time

George Adams g_adams27 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 10:20:20 NZDT 2008

(Koha 3.0 alpha, Gentoo Linux 2.6.24, MySQL 5.0.54)

I'm running the Koha OPAC on port 3333 on my website, and the Intranet on port 3334.  Unfortunately (if I understand the rules for cookies correctly) it's not possible to have a cookie segregated to a certain website and a certain port number.

As a result, I can't login and access both the Intarnet and OPAC site on the same browser.  For instance if I login as "kohaadmin" on the Intranet (port 3334), then login as "adams" on the OPAC (port 3333), the first cookie will be overwritten, and the Intranet site will complain that I'm now logged in as a non-administrative user (adams).

Right now, I've taken to accessing the Intranet on Firefox and the OPAC on MSIE to keep my logins separate.  But could this problem be solved if Koha used different cookie names for the two different sections?  e.g. instead of using CGISESSID everywhere, maybe use KOHAINET as the cookie name for the Intranet and KOHAOPAC for the OPAC site?

Is this worth submitting an enhancement request over?