[Koha] error installing koha

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Sat Jun 14 10:55:22 NZST 2008

On 13/06/2008, at 2:24 PM, Alok Shrivastava wrote:

{BIG SNIP}

> MYSQL ROOT USER PASSWORD
>
> To create the koha database, please enter your mysql server's root
> user
> password:
>
> Password:
>

> CREATING DATABASE
>
> Creating the MySQL database for Koha...
>
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
> 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using
> password: YES)
>
> DBI connect('Koha:localhost','kohaadmin',...) failed: Access denied
> for
> user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 411
> Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
> scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 1553.
> Problem updating database...
> [root at n0cc2 koha-2.2.8]#
>

> CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Alok S

Alok,
I'm pretty much a beginner at this, but that looks a lot like the
permissions on the database aren't set up properly and the kohaadmin
user can't access the database or change it.

There are some additional notes about this in INSTALL.debian at
heading 2.2 (yes, that file is not directly relevant to you) and also
in this thread http://www.nabble.com/koha-install-fails-with-database-error-td17712632.html

Hope one of these help.
ramon/custard