[Koha] Indexing with Java

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jun 11 01:04:07 NZST 2008

solomon kariri <solomonkariri at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi I want to use Marc4j(Java API for dealing with MARC records) to
> index koha using lucene(A Java indexing tool) so that I can implement
> a cross search between two applications while giving the result to the
> user in a manner transparent as to where the records came from such
> that the user can click on a link and will be redirected to koha to
> get more info about the item e.g. a book and maybe reserve it. Does
> anyone know how this can be done. Please help me. Thanks.

Hi - it's easier for others to reply if you set your linewrap below 70.

I'm not sure, but I think there will be problems indexing Koha's MARC
directly because it won't give all the holdings and so on.  It can
probably be made to work, but I think I'd try some sort of
cross-search like using openSearch first, which should already have
some support in Koha 3.0-beta.

You may also find it more useful to ask the koha-devel list if you
need to extend koha or get into its internals.  Details on www.koha.org

Best wishes,
--
MJ Ray (slef)