[Koha] Merge Bib Records

Cindy Murdock cmurdock at ccfls.org
Thu Jul 31 01:53:22 NZST 2008

Hi,

There's a script that can be used to merge records in our koha-tools
collection (see http://koha-tools.sourceforge.net/get.php or
http://kylehall.info), under
winnebago-to-koha/trunk/zebraCompress/zebraCompress.php.  However, we've
only used it in dev_week so it's untested in 3.0.  Note that it's only
for versions of Koha that use zebra.

If you run it in a browser it will search for matches by ISBN, and
display items by title, call number, itemtype, and holding branch.  Then
you can choose to skip those matches or group them together (by
numbering them) to be merged.  After you've gone through all the matches
(note that it will time out if you leave the session alone for too long,
and you'll have to start over), then you can run
scrub_orphaned_biblios.pl (although I don't know if that script is in
3.0) to clean out biblios that no longer have items attached, then do a
full reindex.

Also note that it attaches the items to the last record in the match
list.  At some point I'd like Kyle to change it so you can choose which
record to attach them to, as the quality of the records in our catalog
varies significantly.

I've been using it on a virtual machine just for merging individual
libraries' collections before migrating them into Koha, as that is all
our library system wants at the moment.

Cheers,
Cindy