[Koha] analytic cataloging in Koha?

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Thu Jul 17 11:32:39 NZST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Linda Culberson
<lculber at mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:
> At our archives we try to provide fuller access to archival,
> genealogical, and photographic collections by doing analytic cataloging
> of significant individual parts or items within a collection.  Each of
> those pieces gets its own individual bibliographic record that then
> links back to the "main" record for the collection.  Is this
> functionality in Koha?  I am particularly interested in how to get the
> main and the analytic records to link.

With some customization of the OPAC templates and indexing
definitions, it would be easy to add links in a record display to do a
search on record ID.  That way, you could travel from a bib that has a
77x$w to its parent, and vice versa.

It would be possible to extend this so that parent bib could display
the list of its children more directly, but some development would be
required.

Regards,

Galen
--