[Koha] Apology and install problem

Paul Yachnes yach at cox.net
Thu Jul 17 08:30:41 NZST 2008

First, I'd like to apologize for my previous questions. Somehow I had
inadvertently installed Koha 3 Alpha. I don't know how I did this or how
I didn't realize I'd done this even though the tar file and installation
folder were clearly labeled so. My only excuse is that I'm new to all
this. Now I have removed it and am attempting to install RC 1. The first
thing I saw when running Makefile.PL was  that I had to install
additional Perl modules, which I did. Now I get the following error:

Writing Makefile for koha
Unable to open MakeMaker.tmp: Permission denied at
/usr/share/perl/5.8/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 878.

Where do I go from here?

Paul