[Koha] Seeing help in koha implementation

deepak deepak at desidoc.drdo.in
Thu Jan 17 18:01:00 NZDT 2008

Hi all,
I am working at DESIDOC, the information service provider and technology laboratory of DRDO. It has a huge library too. I am exploring options to migrate to open source ILS KOHA. Presently, we are using in-house developed automated library system called DLAS (developed in VB, MS Access and JSP).
I have installed KOHA (v2.2.9) in one server along with other required software and it seems to be working fine. but it is barcoded. our existing ILS can export data in ASCII and ISO 2709 formats which can be used to import data in koha. but the main problem use of barcodes...our library is not barcoeded and koha v 2.2.9 works with barcode...
Kinldly let me know whether can we use Koha without getting our library BARCODED.  Is there any version of koha wihich works without  barcodes (using accession or acquisition number).
Looking forward for prompt reply...
Regards,
Deepak kumar Vishwakarma
Scientist, DRDO
DESIDOC, Metcalfe House
Delhi, India.

The contents of this Email communication are confidential to the
addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose or
distribute this communication in any form but should immediately
contact the Sender.
The information, images, documents and views expressed in this Email are personal to the Sender and do not expressly or implicitly represent official positions and policies of DRDO and no authority exists on behalf of DRDO to make any agreements, representations or other binding commitment by means of Email.