[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Announcing Koha 3.0 (Alpha)

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Wed Jan 9 07:53:46 NZDT 2008

Hi,

On 1/6/08, Thibaud Hulin <hulin.thibaud at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> $ make test > test.log
> $ cat test.log
>
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
> "test_harness(0, 'blib/PERL_MODULE_DIR', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
> t/Accounts.................... Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
>   Failed 1/1 subtests

I have submitted some patches to clean up the test suite a bit.  I
have moved the DB-dependent tests (in particular, those that want to
try to write to the database or work with a fully-initialized DB) to a
new subdirectory, t/db_dependent.  This move means that those test
cases will not be run during make test; I will work on supporting such
tests either via a separate make target or as an optional part of the
web installer.

The other major change was to put in a replacement stub for
C4::Context::preference in some of the test cases, as a few modules
(particularly C4::Date and C4::Dates) try to invoke that function
during module initialization.  Fortunately, only three system
preferences are accessed in this manner.

The patches can be viewed at http://manage-gmc.dev.kohalibrary.com/patches/.

make test now runs with no errors or warnings for me on Debian; of
course, many of the test files could stand some attention to expand
their coverage.

Regards,

Galen
--