[Koha] [Need Advices] Best Hardware Specs & Apache-MySQL Setting for Big Libraries?

Suyadi libUMS at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 22:31:08 NZDT 2008

Dear All,

We are from a University Library in Indonesia. We've successfully migrated
to koha 3.0. Please visit our OPAC at http://search.lib.ums.ac.id Total
Number of Bibliography is about 45,000 and 130,000 Items. Circulation
Transactions is 1600 check-outs/day.

Currently we are using IBM X3400 Server (Xeon E5405 and 1 GB Memory), Ubuntu
7.10, Apache Web Server & MySQL. However, we feel the system works quite
slow especially in cataloging and circulations. Do we need to upgrade the
hardware? or I need to tweak apache & mysql to improve my system?

Regards,
Suyadi
UMS Library