[Koha] KUDOS IRC Meeting, Thursday Feb 14, 2008 @ 3pm EST

Deb Bergeron bergeron at macalester.edu
Wed Feb 13 12:09:09 NZDT 2008

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Based on the feedback from those of you who responded, Thursday February
14 at 3pm EST works best for most of you.  So, let's do it!

Before we meet, a few pieces of information:

   1. There is NO agenda really.  As I've stated previously, many people
      who couldn't attend the last KUDOS meeting at ALAMW08 requested a
      venue for online real-time meetings.  AND, we've got a little
      momentum going, so let's let it roll.  Additionally, I believe
      John Brice is putting together a KUDOS meeting at PLA in
      Minneapolis. [I planned to help him and wrote up a plan, but as
      soon as I signed on I was given a huge honkin' project (Migrate a
      site into Drupal--didn't know anything about Drupal--eek!) and
      couldn't help organize the meeting , but plan to attend.
      Additionally, I live in  Minneapolis, so if  any of you plan to
      attend PLA and want info, let me know.
   2. I do have one quasi-agenda  item:  FaceBook.  If you haven't
      joined the KUDOS FaceBook Group, you may want to check it out.
   3. Rachel Hamilton-Williams wrote the following directions for those
      of us new to IRC.  Please read them, if you will, and follow her lead.

    *

      For those of you who are going to join the meeting who haven't used IRC before a few
      tips that might help...

      You can of course use the cig off the Koha site, but dedicated software is generally
      going to be better, more robust and less likely to crash on you just when it all gets
      interesting.

      We have people who use vIRC, mIRC and xChat (and no doubt others) so feel free to ask
      for help on list with your setup.

      I'd recommend getting your irc software setup and have a bit of a practice before the
      actual meeting. With a bit of IRC software you can set it to log the meeting so that
      even if you're going to miss the start of the end you can read up on it later.

      The default "readback" in IRC clients is generally 500 or so lines, I set mine to 5000
      so that I can read back on a day/night of chat if I'm in the mood.

      4.  See you all on the IRC, Thursday, Feb 14 @ 3pm EST.  Let's
help Koha  and LibLime grow, prosper, and do good work! :-)

Thanks,

Deb

--

Deb Bergeron <mailto:bergeron at macalester.edu> System Admin: User Support