[Koha] KUDOS to use the Koha IRC Channel for virtual meetings

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Fri Feb 8 14:17:56 NZDT 2008

Hi,

Great to hear you're getting a users meeting together, thanks Deb :-)

For those of you who are going to join the meeting who haven't used IRC before a few
tips that might help...

You can of course use the cig off the Koha site, but dedicated software is generally
going to be better, more robust and less likely to crash on you just when it all gets
interesting.

We have people who use vIRC, mIRC and xChat (and no doubt others) so feel free to ask
for help on list with your setup.

I'd recommend getting your irc software setup and have a bit of a practice before the
actual meeting. With a bit of IRC software you can set it to log the meeting so that
even if you're going to miss the start of the end you can read up on it later.

The default "readback" in IRC clients is generally 500 or so lines, I set mine to 5000
so that I can read back on a day/night of chat if I'm in the mood.

I look forward to catching up with some of you next week.

My preference is Mon/Tues/Friday BTW (which is Sun/Mon/Thursday) for USA.

Cheers
Rachel