[Koha] Google Talk via FaceBook for KUDOS meetings

Deb Bergeron bergeron at macalester.edu
Mon Feb 4 12:48:06 NZDT 2008

As many of you know, I've been looking for a way to have online KUDOS
chat meetings via FaceBook.

Well, we tried Google Talk in the FaceBook application. It's very
cumbersome and will not work for online chat meetings. However, we could
utilize Google Talk via Google. Google Talk is great--you can have
either a chat with one person or a group. How's it work?

All you need to do is:
a. Have a google acct.
b. Have an email acct.

Then, if any of us wants to talk/chat realtime we can hook up via Google
Talk.

What do you think?

Other options are:
a. building a moodle with chat function. (Moodle has a chat function
built in.)
b. email via the Koha list or FaceBook
c. meet in person
d. other ideas?