[Koha] Koha branch operation related questions

Koustubha Kale koustubha_kale at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 23:09:27 NZDT 2008

Hi All,
We have installed Koha 2.2.8 on CentOS 5.

Our college has multiple branches each with its own library. We don't want staff and students from a branch issuing books from other branch.
How to achieve this? I saw an un-answered question by Jean in the mailing list regarding this.

I have set branch independence to yes. But how and where to assign branch wise rights to patrons and staff?

Is there any distinction between patrons and library staff? Where to create library staff logins & restrict their rights to some functionality lower than kohaadmin?

In short..
1) How to create library staff users & assign them branches and rights?
2) How to assign patrons to branches and restrict them to that branch?
3) How to implement branches such that members and staff can only issue books from same branch to which they belong?

With warm regards
Koustubha Kale

      Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html