[Koha] Glitches, thoughts and potential bugs when adding orders in Koha 3.0

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Wed Dec 31 15:51:07 NZDT 2008

Hi there,

I have been carrying out a pretty thorough test exercise on adding
orders to vendors who have a variety of different settings in the Vendor
Profile (ie discounts, list price includes GST  or not,  etc).

I have found and bug reported some errors with calculating budgeted and
replacement costs (bug 2865) but have a few other things which I would
welcome comment on. It may be they are not bugs at all or I just have
not understood what is happening. So, in no particular order:

_1. Alphabeticised Item Type List_
I would like the Item Type drop down box to display the item types in
alphabetical order. How do I make this so? As an illustrative example
the current drop down lists in this order: 1.Adult Fiction,  2.Adult
Nonfiction - Horowhenua,  3.Junior  Fiction - Castle,  4. Junior
Fiction,  5.Junior Fiction - Kermit, 6. Largeprint Fiction, 7.Largeprint
Nonfiction,   8. Adult Nonfiction - Maori,  9. Adult Nonfiction.

I would have expected  them to appear in this order: 1,9,2,8,4,3,5,6,7
instead, if being organised alphabetically which would make it heaps
easier to browse and tab through.

_2. Saving with the Enter._
I think I would like to be able to save an order by hitting enter,
rather than having to tab or scroll all the way down to the bottom of
the page - which is annoying. I have tested this in Firefox.

_3. Need a quicklink from 'No Results'_
It is a sound principle to always check the catalogue for a title before
placing an order. {Starting point:  home\acquisitions\vendor X\new
basket for Vendor X\ }

So having selected a vendor,  I do a search in the "Add to Order  from
an existing record" search box.  When I get "No Result Found' I can
click on "Perform a New Search" link. But,  I really would like another
choice here; I want to be able to click on "Add a new (empty) record"
without having to click first on "Perform a New Search".

4. I see I can enter isbn numbers in both 10 and 13 digit formats. Can I
enter an issn instead  for irregular publications which are not actually
subscriptions / periodicals?

5. When I entered one of the orders, I  made a spelling mistake in the
authors name. However, I could not fix the typo. I had to instead delete
the order and add it again. I need to be able to fix the typo in the
home\cataloguing\editing  screen, and save it. What currently happens is
that when I hit save I get a pop up box telling me about all the fields
I havn't filled in... which I can't fill in because I don't have the
book yet!

6. My last problem is that while I know I have created biblios for the
items I have ordered (but not received yet) I cannot search for them. I
get "No Results Found". Does this mean that items do not display in the
catalogue until they have been received into stock?

Look forward to feedback before I proceed!

Cheers Jo.