[Koha] installation help for KOHA 3.0

vimal laxman vimallaxman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 23:02:42 NZDT 2008

Hi ,

Thank you so much for your response.i am basically new to perl and Mysql.I
believe i have sucessufully installed koha 3.0 on debian without any
dependency issues and all the modules seem to work fine.I think i have not
made myself clear in the las mial.here are my issues :

1.when i search for books through OPAC it says 'no results found' in
catalogue(i have a few books which i imported using Z39.50 search)and error
log says" biblio erro 109'.I know this is a basic issue but still i could
not find out  a right solution.i followed all the instructions that were
give in the INSTALL.debian file.devolopers in the community say it is a
databse related issue.if so can you let me know how to check whether my
database is set to  right encoding for Koha 3.0 to read.

I have run misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -b -r quite a number of
times whenever i update a new record it say the total number of record
updated.no problem.

2.I dont have a barcode reader with me here.i wish to do the 'Check IN' and
'Check OUT' manually.one person suggested me that i map the barcode field in
Administration->Koha to MARC Mapping->items->Barcode to a field of our
choice .so i mapped it to ISBN.and i tried to Check Out a particular Patron
by manually entering the ISBN number of a particular book that is available
in the database.It says 'Barcode not foud'.is it possible for us to do it
manually through keyboard withour using barcode reader ?.

3.i found through liblime demo that any staff/patron can place a hold on a
particular book.but when i try to do the same in mine there seems to be no
respnse in the page.only the koha administrator is able to hold a particular
book.i had given permissions to the Staff/Patron to do so but still it does
not work.If this is a bug How do i fix this.

I hope i have made myself clear.

Please do excuse me if some of these are basic  and help me to solve these
problems.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

regards,
vimal Laxman P