[Koha] Community Feedback

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Fri Dec 19 10:41:49 NZDT 2008

> ANd this is a shame, because some of the biggest advances we have
> gotten (C4::Context originally) have come from spare time programmers.
> Or web based Circulation from Steve Tonnessen who was paid to run
> school libraries, not code for Koha.

Good point. Koha being an open source project need to stay 'open' to the
outside world, and let new ideas and innovation blowing down into Koha.
Complexity must be avoided as far of possible for this reason. In order
to facilitate valuable contributions. Otherwise, like some other ILS,
proprietary (evil!) ILS, Koha will dry up on its own.

--
Frédéric