[Koha] Label printing and bug 2691

Nora Blake nblake at masscat.org
Thu Dec 18 03:56:51 NZDT 2008

Hi Sharon and Diana.

We have run into the spacing problem you describe here and we've
developed a workaround.  It takes a few steps, but it is a workaround
until the bug is fixed.

We've created a report for the libraries that want to use the
workaround.  The report generates a list of titles and call number of
items sorted by accession date.

The libraries download the spreadsheet for the report, they modify the
spreadsheet to get the call numbers to format correctly.  Then they pull
the call number data into MS Word via mail merge to get a sheet of
printable labels.

We have some instructions written up about this.  I'd be happy to share
the SQL and the instructions we have written up.

Let me know if you would like it.

NORA
________________________

Nora Blake