[Koha] SIP-2 support?

anand at webodesk.com anand at webodesk.com
Wed Dec 17 22:09:18 NZDT 2008

Quoting Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com>:

> Hi Oliver
>
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:10 AM,  <Oliver.Bernuetz at canadabusiness.ca> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Does Koha feature SIP 2 support?  We're looking at RFID so I need to
>> know this.
> Yes, Koha 3.0 supports SIP2 via the OpenNCIP libraries
> (http://openncip.org) and has been successfully connected to
> Self-Checkout systems like those by 3M, Authentication with search
> services like VDX(tm), as well as other SIP2 applications. I'm not
> aware of any Koha libraries using RFID, but I don't anticipate any
> major barriers to that provided the implementation relies on the SIP2
> 3M spec.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Joshua Ferraro                       SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
> CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support
> LibLime                                Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS

Yes koha 3.0 supports SIP2, we have successfully integrated 3M SIP2
with Koha 3.0 and Live Working Demonstration of 3M Selfcheck System[1]
with Koha 3.0 was given at 'ILA-TISS International Conference 2008'.
which was held between 12-15 November 2008 at TISS, Mumbai, India.

   (ILA - Indian Library Association, TISS - Tata Institute of Social
Science)--
Anand Sharma
RDG Library Services
Mumbai, India.