[Koha] Where to set exemption from rental charges

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 14:19:11 NZDT 2008

All --

If this were a question about overdue fines, there would be nothing
preventing this kind of rule from being expressed in the current structure
under "Circulation and fines rules", as Lino suggests.  But Joann is not
asking about an overdue fine.  She is talking about a rental charge,
specified under "Item types and circulation codes".  The itemtype logic does
not break out into pieces like the circ/fine rules.

The idea of a percent discount is the part that does not exist in any
version of Koha that I have seen.  It would add a level of complexity
inasmuch as the logic has to retrieve and synthesize two rules to get the
correct result.  But Jesse is correct that % off rental charge could be
implemented as a single additional field.  This %-off other overdue fine
would be more complicated I think.

--Joe