[Koha] Installing Koha on Kubuntu 8.04

Pablo A. Bianchi pbianchi at fi.uba.ar
Fri Dec 12 04:50:32 NZDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Betsy Law <betsy.law at gmail.com> wrote:
> This info from the wiki
> (http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=ubuntu_gutsy) worked for me on
> Ubuntu Hardy; it may do the trick for you.
>
> Install libssl0.9.7 ( Needed For Yaz ). Gutsy has libssl0.9.8, but yaz
> won't install with that one. We need to download the older version and
> install it by hand.
>
> wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/o/openssl097/libssl0.9.7_0.9.7k-3_i386.deb
> sudo dpkg -i libssl0.9.7_0.9.7k-3_i386.deb

That URL gives a 404 error. Is this deb the correct one?:

libssl0.9.7_0.9.7g-5ubuntu1.1_i386.deb

If it is, I'll fix the article on the wiki.

Does anybody know if there is any difference in this instructions when
installing on Ubuntu Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Server) instead of Gutsy
Gibbon? Gutsy is now deprecated.

Before I'd found that wiki article I was following the instructions on
"install.DEBIAN" file. Now I'm following both.

--
Pablo