[Koha] report generation-Till Reconciliation for each branchlibraries

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Thu Dec 11 05:11:10 NZDT 2008

Hi,

BWS Johnson a écrit :
> I don't mean to be abrasive here, but will that overhaul include a
> solution that is palatable to both single branch Libraries and multi
> branch? I'd rather not see things tilt towards larger institutions in
> terms of deleting functions that used to exist. I know that many
> people were turned off by Nomarc getting removed without warning from
> the code.
Please, if anyone here is in this case, step forward and say so.
> I would submit that it ought to be an option again in the next
> release, much as I hate the thought of folks not cataloguing in MARC.
> I think it's quite possible to poll folks and figure out which reports
> are used most frequently and just have those included out of the box.
> There is some of this done already, I realise, and I also know that
> folks are working on improving reports.
> Is it possible in future to send out a note that the developers are
> going to comment a feature out or remove it entirely when that code
> isn't going to be reworked or included?
For what it's worth,RFCs are there in that aim.
They are public, they are on the wiki.koha.org
And anyone can comment on those (just need a user/password.).
Is that not what your ask for ?
> Code changes and bugs need fixing, but one of the most attractive
> things about Koha to me was that the product was tailored to match the
> community's needs, and that generally once a feature was added, it
> wouldn't go away until just about everyone agreed that it was
> deprecated. It was an ILS that wasn't like other ILSs. I'm really
> starting to feel like the usability and innovation present in 2.x is
> taking a back seat to an interface that is increasingly resembling
> Horizon.
mmm neverending discussion.
But I donot agree in many aspects. Is there nothing yet to improve ? I
donot think so. Is there some features gaps ? yes.

But this is the main reason why I am involved.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT