[Koha] biblio: import complete, no results

Rachel Hollis Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu
Wed Dec 10 08:03:19 NZDT 2008

Koha 3.someting on a Linux OS. Have tried and tried to get records into the catalog. Can run the Log Viewer and see biblios and items added but cannot see them in the catalog. Yesterday I used the Log Viewer to delete them all.

This morning I tried again: was told "Completed import of records" then, after a snack, searched the catalog and was told "No results found No results match your search for 'economics' in Stevens-Henager College Libraries Catalog." What am I doing wrong?

Log Viewer with the first attempt:
Date                    Librarian       Module  Action  Object  Info
2008-10-13 10:44:54      0      CATALOGUING     ADD     biblio 1         biblio

MARC Import screen from today:
Manage Staged MARC Records > Batch 7
File name YDX.D081204.bin
Comments
Staged 2008-12-09 06:16:47
Status imported
Matching rule applied ISBN (020$a)
Action if matching record found replace
Action if no match found create_new
Item processing always_add
Completed import of records
Number of records added 4
Number of records updated       0
Number of records ignored       0
Number of items added   0
Number of items ignored because of duplicate barcode    0

Yesterday my geek offered to flush it all and start over. As it took her about 3 days to get it going and I've been working on it since August, I hope this is not the way to fix the problem. How can I get biblios into the catalog?

Rachel Hollis, librarian
Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus