[Koha] Questions about Koha

Roche III, Edward edward_roche at solanco.k12.pa.us
Sun Dec 7 02:38:51 NZDT 2008

Good Morning All

We are looking for another option for our school districts library software instead of buying a $40k upgrade (software and hardware). It seems Koha is a option that a lot public and private libraries are using these days. Our head librarian at our district had some questions about the product and I was wondering if someone would be able to answer them? I found what I thought were the answers on the web site but I wanted to get the answers from a live person who is running the software and may have migrated from another application to Koha. Below are the questions.

Are records in standard MARC format?

How will the schools be organized, separately or together? We need to have them separate.

What are the reporting options? If there is a user friendly query module that allows us to pull wnatever report we need that would be ideal.

Can we import records from other sources?

Will we need to rebarcode all seven collections? No way we have the resources to rebarcode 100,000+ items.

Does the system support AR information? How?

Thanks for your help!

Ed

Edward Roche
Technology Support/Network Admin
Solanco School District
edward_roche at solanco.k12.pa.us

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.
Elbert Hubbard