[Koha] Several servers

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 04:04:49 NZDT 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:57 AM, Steve Kiarie <sorosteroge at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have installed koha on an institute that has several institutes and each
> institute has a server running a mysql sever.
>
> how can i interconnect all the three databases to so as they can all be at
> sync where by users can borrow books and return books in any of the three
> institutes.
>
> I do not want to maintain one koha server with several libraries and
> branches because am not on a reliable Network.
>
> I want them to be updating each other.

Why would "updates" be any more reliable, especially when there is no
mechanism for data integrity across different DBs?  I.E., you have no way to
know whether a barcode, itemnumber, biblionumber, etc. is already in use in
one of the other DBs, so you can't possibly know what it refers to.  One DB
w/ multiple libraries (branches) is the only way to approach this.

--Joe Atzberger