[Koha] Windows Install for Koha 3

Marc Jones majones1 at cox.net
Fri Aug 29 12:35:50 NZST 2008

Now that Koha v3 has been released for almost 3 weeks, I was wondering if anyone
has stepped up to finish porting it to Windows. While I have worked in the
computer industry for many years and have dabbled a bit in linux during my time,
I am way too busy to learn another OS (linux) to the level where I would feel
comfortable implementing a product Koha system for our small non-profit archive.
Still, we are looking forward to the new version of Koha as we do not want to
implement the older version when v3 is so near release.

Is there anyone in the broader community that can push this a little bit?
Sometimes all it takes is a small amount of thinking to discover a possible
candidate for the work and a little nudge to encourage them to volunteer their
time to finish a much needed project.

Please don't forget us Windows folks out here. We are very much in need of this
system.

Thank you,

Marc Jones
Board Member (and IT support)