[Koha] [Info] What's going on at indexdata.com?

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sat Aug 23 01:14:07 NZST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Heikki Levanto <heikki at indexdata.dk> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 03:46:17PM -0400, Bob Ewart wrote:
>> I've been trying to install Net::Z3950::ZOOM on a couple of different
>> machines, one for Koha, and have been getting the following for several
>> days:
>> #   Failed test 'connection to 'test.indexdata.com:2118' refused (10000)'
>>
>> I can force the install.
>
> We are still in the process of moving offices, and in that connection we
> cleaned up some old machines that were not (supposed to be) used.
> test.indexdata.com is officially dead. We must have forgotten that it
> was used in the perl module tests. We will point those to some other
> target in the next release.
I would suggest making any tests that require network access optional
if that's practical. This issue has come up a few times in the past and
is especially difficult for folks that don't have a lot of CPAN experience.

Cheers,

Josh

>> Also 'IRSpy Find a target' at http://targettest.indexdata.com/find.html
>> is giving me:
>>
>> Proxy Error
>>
>> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
>> The proxy server could not handle the request GET /find.html.
>>
>> Reason: DNS lookup failure for: irspy.indexdata.com
>
> We also had some problems with the DNS for the indexdata.com domain.
> Looks like some of the problems persist on the machine that runs the
> targettest. I will look into this.
>
> Sorry about the confusion the move has caused. And thank you for
> reporting the problems.
>
> Best regards
>
>   Heikki Levanto
>

> --
> Heikki Levanto    heikki at indexdata dot dk   "In Murphy We Turst"

Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support
LibLime Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS