[Koha] Barcode reader

Tomasz Holdowanski mordazy at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Aug 21 00:35:03 NZST 2008

zareena wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anybody advise me which barcode reader is suitable for this KOHA version
> 2.2.9.
>
> And how to integrate the barcode reader with this system?
>
> Can the system automatically detect the reader once I plug it in?

Any barcode scanner with PS/2 keyboard interface will do - it`s
connected between the keyboard and the computer, so all programs,
including Koha, will "think" that scanned barcode is a sequence of
numbers typed on the keyboard. No drivers needed, works anywhere. Just
remember to check if it supports the barcode type you`re using.

Regards,
Tomasz.