[Koha] Koha 3.0 Z3950 Perl install test fails

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Aug 14 12:09:46 NZST 2008

Henri-Damien LAURENT wrote:

> 2211 iirc.
> you can also force install.
> #perl -MCPAN -e shell
>  >force install ZOOM

Thanks. Forcing an install is one thing. If we cannot access
Z3950 because of firewalling the problem remains.

This will become a serious problem for us if a variety of
ports are use by Z3950 servers out there.

Is this the case? Or can I rely on just a select (small) number
of ports being used? I ask since I have no experience with the
protocol.

Something will have to be done at our end to open up the firewall
and accommodate the protocol, I just do not know what yet.

cheers
rick