[Koha] Circulation function

Jesse Weaver jesse.weaver at liblime.com
Wed Aug 13 03:36:19 NZST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Zareena Mohamed Murtadza <
zmurtadza at wwf.org.my> wrote:

> We do have a unique number for each book that we called accession number. I
> wonder if I can use that number to replace barcode number.
>
> Thanks

Most likely; just make sure that the right subfield of the item tag is
mapped to items.barcode, and change the name. Koha is very loose when it
comes to barcodes; if you put unique accession numbers in, it should be
happy.

> Unfortunately, no. The easiest thing to do in this case might be to give
> the
> books you want to circulate a temporary barcode, so you can test
> circulation. Does your library require being able to circulate without
> barcodes?

P.S. Please make sure to CC the list in your replies.