[Koha] Item status display wrong

Walker, Michael Michael.Walker at Teradata.com
Thu Aug 7 09:50:48 NZST 2008

For some reason, that information is not being loaded into the index.
Updating the index with the rebuild_nozebra.pl script does not fix it.
The index data is updated whenever you call the perl ModItem function
(found in Items.pm, IIRC). When I was faced with the same problem, I
created a simple script that went through for each item and performed
some sort of trivial change (getting the lost status of the item from
the database, for example, and changing the item's lost status to equal
that same value, triggering the function but not altering the data)

--Michael W

-----Original Message-----
From: koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz
[mailto:koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz] On Behalf Of John Houser
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 1:50 PM
To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: [Koha] Item status display wrong

Hi folks,
I'm testing a new Koha 3.0 installation downloaded with git from the
repository. I've got most things working now, but there is one major
problem. The initial search results in both the OPAC and Staff Client
show "No items" for all records. But when I look at the full record in
either client, I see the items that I've created. What do I need to do
to get the item status indexed and showing up in search results? If I've
missed something in the documentation, please feel free to point me to
it. Thanks for any help.

------------------------------------
PALINET
John Houser