[Koha] Help with installation on fedora 8

Marijana Glavica mglavica at ffzg.hr
Wed Apr 30 20:08:59 NZST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 06:58:46PM +1200, Ken Lomax wrote:
> I am reminded very much of a situation we had with hardware vs software
> many years ago with the hardware guys saying it was a software fault and
> the software guys saying it was a hardware fault.
>
> Judging by the one and only reply to my request for help and no further
> response from my reply to that, it appears that I am looking at a koha
> vs perl/CPAN situation.

why do you insist on Fedora? use Debian and everything will work and
also for Debian you can get more support here.

> I am a great supporter of OpenSource, but after spending so much time on
> koha (not only the previous four days-but in the considerable problems
> in past installs) it appears that it is time to cut my losses and just
> write my own application that will suit my purposes.

It really depends on what you need, but for the system like Koha you will
spend few years of development and also lot of help from librarians, and
than, around version 3 you will finally be satisfied with your
architecture :)

good luck :)
Marijana

---
Marijana Glavica
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Libraries
I. Lucica 3, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.knjiznice.ffzg.hr