[Koha] Barcodes...

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Wed Apr 30 06:31:49 NZST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Huck <dhuckaby at paasda.org> wrote:
> how about user defined code in CSV format?
>
>  i.e.  the actual barcode #, and text to be read below it...

This could be implemented but will take some work. I would suggest
filing a feature request for it.

>  in this specific situation the librarian(a volunteer) buys books from
>  where-ever...she already has barcodes numbered up to 27000, and would
>  like to continue from 27001 - ABCDE...
>
>  I don't believe she uses the 'acquisitions' section of Koha when she
>  buys new books as she gets them wherever she can.
>
>  So, it would be great if I could specify the code-29(IRCC) starting at
>  27001 up to say 33000, with the name of the school printed under the
>  barcode as is her current format.

There are a variety of auto sequencing options for barcode numbering
in Koha 3. See cgi-bin/koha/admin/systempreferences.pl?tab=Cataloguing
and the autoBarcode preference. It would not be too hard to add the
ability for the user to set the starting number in a simple
incremental sequence. Again, submit a feature request so we don't
forget to add it.

Kind regards,
Chris

--