[Koha] Barcodes...

Ryan Higgins ryan.higgins at liblime.com
Wed Apr 30 00:03:40 NZST 2008

A fifth option for output will be available for the 3.0 release:
csv output.
This will just export the data to a text/csv file which can readily be opened
by a 3rd party label printing application like kbarcode or glabels.
Also, a more generalized data selection is available, wherein you
may specify any MARC field to include in the output instead of being
limited to the eight-or-so predefined selections.  This should be
available very shortly, either in the next beta release or the 3.0 general
release whichever comes first.

Regards,

Ryan

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:55 AM, Chris Nighswonger
<cnighswonger at foundations.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Huck <dhuckaby at paasda.org> wrote:
>  >  btw just an FYI on the Koha 3.0 beta(release as of 1 week ago today),
>  >  there is no 'help' in the documentation on the barcode generation page.
>
>  There is a screen help link found on the
>  cgi-bin/koha/labels/label-home.pl page. It could use some help,
>  though.
>  Basically there are three or four steps: 1. Define/Select a template,
>  2. Define/Select a layout, 3. Create a batch and add items to it, 4.
>  Generate a pdf for that batch, and finally, 5. Print the pdf on your
>  labels.
>  There are currently four different label styles available: 1. Bib
>  info/Barcode, 2. Barcode/Bib info, 3. Barcode, 4. Spine. These are
>  hard coded at present. If someone would like a different style, they
>  can submit a feature request.
>
>  I am working on some further changes and improvements, (including a
>  more complete patron card tool) but these will not be available until
>  probably 3.2 or so.
>
>  Kind regards,
>
>  Chris
>

>  --
>  Christopher Nighswonger
>  Faculty Member
>  Network & Systems Director
>  Foundations Bible College & Seminary
>  www.foundations.edu
>  www.fbcradio.org

Ryan Higgins

LibLime * Open-Source Solutions for Libraries
Featuring KohaZOOM ILS
888-564-2457 x704