[Koha] Bulk Marc Import question

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 02:34:23 NZST 2008

On 2008/04/25, at 11:58 PM, Darla Grediagin wrote:

Hi Darla,

> Good morning,
>
> I asked this question last week, but I don't think I was clear on
> what I
> was trying to do.  If I want to upload one branches marc records by
> bulkimport, can I do that and not erase the rest of the Marc records
> that belong to other branches.

hmmm, try adding this line to a recent version of the
bulkmarcimport.pl script, around line 168

166     }
167
168     next if  $record->subfield('952',"a") ne 'MYBRANCH';   #
change to yourbranch
169
170     unless ($test_parameter) {

> I finally got to the point to upload the
> MARC and how I could delete the old records, my fear at that point was
> that I would delete the other 15 libraries records, this would not
> make
> me popular.

Make a backup first, and do it after hours :) - if you mess it up,
you can always restore your DB pretty quickly.

Mason