[Koha] Patron Import Tool not working on Koha 3 Beta?

carpentercarselibrary at gmavt.net carpentercarselibrary at gmavt.net
Fri Apr 18 02:41:09 NZST 2008

On Wed, April 16, 2008 5:09 pm, Rick Welykochy wrote:
> Galen Charlton wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:03 AM,  <carpentercarselibrary at gmavt.net>
>> wrote:
>>> On Koha 3 alpha (Debian Etch), I was able to use the Patron Import tool
>>>  available via the Staff Client Tools page, successfully importing
>>> hundreds
>>>  of patron records from a CSV file.  I've tried the same thing on the
>>> beta:
>>>  it tells me it was successful, but when I search the patron records,
>>> none
>>>  are there except the ones I've entered manually.
>>>
>>>  Am I missing something?
>>
>> Some things to check - were there any error messages in the Apache
>> error log?  Were all of the patron categories mentioned in the input
>> file defined in administration before you did the import?
>
> I'm gratified to read that there is a Patron Import tool in 3.0.
>
> If there are errors detected during the upload, i.e. incorrect category
> code, invalid title, that kind of thing, a suggestion would be to
> display the errors on the upload page so that the librarian can
> fix and reload.
>

> cheers
> rickw

> Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor
>
> We like to think of ourselves as the Microsoft of the energy world.
>       -- Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron

Thanks, Galen.

I checked the log, found a problem, fixed it, and the import loaded.  It
puzzles me though, that the alpha tool appeared to tell me I had a
problem, which I then fixed, but in the beta it told me everything was
imported when it actually wasn't.

I agree with Rick: librarians need a bit more accurate results info from
the tool; which, btw, is great to have, despite the erroneous message.

In general, I am finding 3 a wonderful improvement over 2.  This version
is really going to "sell" Koha. :)

Richard
Carpenter-Carse Library
PO BOX 127