[Koha] NZ English Translation

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Apr 8 16:12:41 NZST 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:17 PM,  <russ at russandsarah.gen.nz> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>  Please forgive the re posting, but I think I managed to time my original
>  for when HDL was moving the lists.
>
>  Anyway here is my request again.
>
>  I would like to do a Koha Translation into NZ English. This way we can
>  manage some of the terms in the interface that those of us in this part of
>  the world don't use. Things like zipcode -> postcode, state -> region etc.
>
>  Can a en-NZ language code be setup please?
If we're going to start getting picky about English in the official
releases, and
having multiple variants, I'd suggest we first clean up the existing
English to a
specific variant so that we have something to work from, rather than the hodge
podge that's currently in /prog/en (it's currently a mixture of en-NZ/GB, en-FR
and en-US). The best way to do that would be to have some kind of official
language dictionary for library terms ...

Fortunately, there's a  free Dictionary for Library and Information Science that
we can avail ourselves of: http://lu.com/odlis/. Would anyone be interested in
'cleaning up' the English language strings in accordance with ODLIS?

Also, w/respect to en-NZ, isn't that the same or nearly the same as en-GB?

Cheers,

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support