[Koha] Hardware configuration

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Apr 9 03:57:08 NZST 2008

anu at ncsi.iisc.ernet.in a écrit :
> Hello List,

Hello Anu,

> Could you please suggest hardware configuration and OS details for a large
> size library holdings (more than 10,000,000 records) with z3950 feature
> enabled, to be accessible both on intranet and Internet?

I would say :
- 1 server for the mySQL DB
- 1 server for zebra
- 1 server for Apache.

mySQL & zebra being something like a quad-core with 4GB RAM and 3x146GB
RAID5 15k SAS disks

Apache depends on the load expected : if heavy load, it should be the
same as for mySQL & zebra, otherwise it can be lowered I think. Note
that the disks are much less important for apache than for zebra & mySQL.

Don't forget to tune mySQL to tell it to use your 4GB RAM ;-)

PS : the setup of such a config won't work from scratch with installer.
The easiest way is probably to install everything on Apache server, then
change the config to tell him that mySQL & zebra are on another server.
I already tried with 2 servers (apache/zebra & mySQL), without problem.

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com