[Koha] Problem with Amazon content

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Apr 8 16:18:51 NZST 2008

Hi BENSON,

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 5:25 AM, benson Mugambi <mnjoben at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I have installed koha 2.2.9 on ubuntu 6.06 and everything was working
> properly intil the OPAC began crashing when loading search results. Am not
> able to access the error log file to get the exact causes for the problem,
> but after i disabled the Amazon content, the OPAC worked well albeit without
> the Amazon book images. So what could be wrong here, what should i do to
> correct it? Is there another way of getting the book images, apart from
> Amazon?
You're running Koha version 2.x, and the Amazon.com API hasn't been upgraded
in that version to use the new ESC API. Amazon has ceased support of the version
of the Amazon API used in Koha version 2.x. This has been corrected in Koha 3.0,
please see the following message:

http://www.mail-archive.com/koha-devel@nongnu.org/msg00583.html

It would be trivial to back-port this change into the 2.2.x series,
would anyone be
willing to do this?

Cheers,

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support