[Koha] Problem with Koha and the creation of users

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Sat Apr 5 12:50:04 NZDT 2008

Hi Maritza... and list!

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:50 PM,  <mxsanchez at utpl.edu.ec> wrote:

> Thank you for your cooperation

You're welcome!  :)

>  I did what I suggest, but the truth the same way I still have the same
>  problem, I have two categories: I, institutional, and adult A, and the
>  time to add any user or institution I get the following error:
>
>  """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>  Internal Server Error
>
>  The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>  unable to complete your request.
>
>  Please contact the server administrator, xx at xx and inform them of the time
>  the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused
>  the error.
>
>  More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
>
>  """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Hmmm... Are you using Internet Explorer (instead of Mozilla Firefox)?
If you are using Internet Explorer (IE), try to disable the "Show
friendly HTTP error messages" option, to see if you can get a more
detailed error message, besides "Internal Server Error".

To disable that option, in Internet Explorer (I'm using IE 7 here, but
I think that, if you use IE 6, the procedure is the similar or even
the same):

1 - Go to the "Tools" menu, and select the "Internet Options" command
(it's the last one).

2 - The "Internet Options" dialog box should open. Click on the
"Advanced" tab (last one)

3 - Scroll down the "Settings" list (list of checkboxes), until you
find the "Show friendly HTTP error messages" checkbox (it's the last
checkbox before the "Underline links" radio buttons group). UNCHECK
that "Show friendly HTTP error messages" checkbox!

Then repeat the operation that previously gave you the "Internal
Server Error" message and see if you get a more detailed error
message.

>  I hope you can help me because I already some time on this and the truth
>  is not my idea because it will be.

If you get (and report) a more detailed error message, maybe I or
other people in the list can help you!  :)

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net