[Koha] koha on debian etch 4.0

penelope defreitas penelopedefreitas at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 12:35:26 NZST 2007

I recently installed koha sucessfully on debian etch
4.0.

However, I was unable to start the mysql service and
restart apache.

I tried starting the Mysql service using:

mysql start command

But the dollowing error was obtained:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL
server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'
(2)

When i tried restarting Apache I got the following
error:

Could not reliably determine the server's fully
qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
[Fri Sep 14 16:44:06 2007] [warn] NameVirtualHost
*:8080 has no VirtualHosts
[Fri Sep 14 16:44:06 2007] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80
has no VirtualHosts.

We have the following settings for our httpd.conf
file:

# Koha 2.2 Apache Virtual Host Config File
#
# Please include this file in your apache
configuration.
# The best way to do that depends on your site setup.
# Some like an Include adding to
/etc/apache/httpd.conf
# and some prefer a symlink to this file from some
dir.
# Please refer to your system manuals.

# Ports to listen to for Koha
# uncomment these if they aren't already in main
httpd.conf
#
#Listen 8080

# NameVirtualHost is used by one of the optional
configurations detailed below
# Please make sure this line is correct before
uncommenting.
# See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/ for some
guides.

NameVirtualHost *:80

# KOHA's OPAC Configuration
<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerAdmin user at domain.edu
  DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs
  ServerName debian
  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/
/usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/
  Redirect permanent index.html
http://opac.ugcsi.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl

  ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-error_log
  TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-access_log
  SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
  SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"
 </VirtualHost>

 # KOHA's INTRANET Configuration

 NameVirtualHost *:8080

<VirtualHost *:8080>
 ServerAdmin user at domain.edu
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs
 ServerName debian
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/
"/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/"
 Redirect permanent index.html
http://intranet.ugcsi.edu:8080/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl
 ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-error_log
 TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-access_log
 SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
 SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"
 </VirtualHost>

# If you want to use name based Virtual Hosting:
#   1. remove the two Listen lines
#   2. replace koha:80 with your.opac.domain.name
#   3. replace ServerName koha with ServerName
your.opac.domain.name
#   4. replace koha:8080 with your intranet domain
name
#   5. replace ServerName koha with ServerName
your.intranet.domain.name
#
# If you want to use NameVirtualHost'ing (using two
names on one ip address):
#   1.  Follow steps 1-5 above
#   2.  Uncomment the NameVirtualHost line and set the
correct ip address

Our ServerName debian is actually the host name of the
computer that's running Debian

               AND

ugcsi.edu is our domain name.

Any thoughts? Would greatly appreciate your input.

Penelope DeFreitas