[Koha] problems installing recent snapshot

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Sep 10 00:39:05 NZST 2007

"James Farrugia" <jfarrugi at drew.edu> wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can help me with the installation of a recent snapshot.

In general, koha-devel at nongnu.org may be a better list to ask, so we
don't bore all the users with development questions.

> I got the snapshot for "Correcting installlation instructions" (Koha-1ad9d8b945ebda4130f07d4abbc313f8...tar.gz)
>  this morning from http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=summary.
[...]
> What is step #4 above (ln -s /usr/lib/perl5/site-perl/*/koha/etc/koha-httpd..conf /etc/apache2/sites-available/koha)
> designed to do?

Symlink the koha-httpd.conf into /etc/apache2/sites-available, as you
correctly guessed.  That line had a ytpo in it and I failed to update
the README.txt to match the latest changes to the installer, so I've
just patched it.  Installer prepatches appear at
  http://serene.ttllp.co.uk/~mjr/koha-installer/
if you want to try them before the QA manager and Release Manager
review them.

> debian:/Koha/etc# ln -s /Koha/etc/koha-httpd.conf /etc/apache2/sites-available/koha

That's a mistake: you need the installed copy of koha-httpd.conf,
which doesn't contain __KEYWORD__ tags.

> [Sat Sep 08 08:33:56 2007] [error] (EAI 2)Name or service not known: Could not resolve host name __WEBSERVER_IP__:__WEBSERVER_PORT__ -- ignoring!

That's the sort of error you'll get using the source copy instead of
the installed one.

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.