[Koha] Hello...New Subscriber Here

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Sat Oct 27 02:41:39 NZDT 2007

Hi,

----- "Jaye B. Nelson" <jnelson at lalawlibrary.org> wrote:
> I am not sure how large this group is but I would like to thank the community for such a
> great project.  We are a public law library in the US researching this ILS solution as a
> migration from Voyager.  Can anybody tell me how Koha deals with MARC Holdings Records?
> It appears there is no support at this time.  We have a large number of these records
> and would prefer not to give them up if possible.  All suggestions and/or input is welcome.

I am one of the programmers working on adding MARC holdings support to Koha this winter.  This feature will be a part of Koha 3.2, which will be released in early- to mid-2008.

After the new development, Koha will support the bib, holdings, and item record tiers and allow holdings records to be used for both monographs and serials.  Some of the features that will be supported will include:

* Display of summary holdings from 85x/86x field pairs in the OPAC
* Ability to import and export MARC holdings with embedded item data
* Automatic creation of MARC holdings during batch record imports

If you have any questions about these plans, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton