[Koha] Fwd: web based installation documentation?

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 05:56:53 NZDT 2007

It is possible to configure Apache for name-based VirtualHosts, such that
you don't necessarily need the ports all to yourself.  Apparently Bluehost
is doing this (or less likely, assigning separate IPs).  You can familiarize
yourself with these configurations in the Apache documentation:
      http://httpd.apache.org/docs/

The lack of root access is a more serious consideration, since it would
require coordination with the host to ensure required components are
installed (and installed correctly).  Your next question would be "what
components?", at which point we would refer to the Koha installation
documentation.

You may benefit from installing a test version of Koha on your own local
debian system, just so that you can see what it is that a host would have to
accommodate.

-joe