[Koha] Re: Perl Module Lament

Beda Szukics beda at muri-gries.ch
Thu Oct 4 02:30:18 NZST 2007

MJ Ray schrieb:

>> > Ooh, ow.  I'm not sure.  As root, try:
>> >   cd $HOME/.cpan/build/MARC-XML-0.87/
>> >   make uninstall
>>
>> It's not there!
> [...]
>> I wonder what I did to make this mess ...
>
> Ow.  Probably the CPAN shell has auto-removed it for you.
>
> Either try the suggest previously posted, or try the command
>   /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e uninstall /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/MARC-XML/.packlist

That gave:

Uninstall is unsafe and deprecated, the uninstallation was not performed.
We will show what would have been done.

unlink /usr/local/bin/marc2xml
unlink /usr/local/bin/xml2marc
unlink /usr/local/man/man1/marc2xml.1p
unlink /usr/local/man/man1/xml2marc.1p
unlink /usr/local/man/man3/MARC::File::XML.3pm
unlink /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/MARC/File/SAX.pm
unlink /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/MARC/File/XML.pm
unlink /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/MARC-XML/.packlist

Uninstall is unsafe and deprecated, the uninstallation was not performed.
Please check the list above carefully, there may be errors.
Remove the appropriate files manually.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

So I removed all the files mentioned above an now I have:

verwaltung:~# grep VERSION `perldoc -l MARC::File::XML`
use vars qw( $VERSION %_load_args );
$VERSION = '0.86';

That's a good step ahead :-)))

The installer doesn't tell no errors anymore and thinks all the required
modules are installed. I'll go further ...

Thank you for your help                  Beda