[Koha] New Koha User questions

mourik jan heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Sat Nov 17 00:28:51 NZDT 2007

Hi Yared,

>    1. On which Lunix distribution is Koha best for installation and Usage?

I think a lot of people here use debian for koha, but at my institute we
are running suse. Basically most linuxes should work, as long as they
come with the right versions of software. (mysql4, for example)

>    1. What are the dependencies and from where could find them?
>       only from the Internet or from the Installation CD of the
>       Operating System?

For dependencies, see the documentation here: http://www.kohadocs.org/
I always prefer installing as many of the requirements as possible from
the distribution media. (because that way security updates happen
'automatically' with the operating system, and you don't have to keep
track of those yourself) However, not all requirements are included in
the distribution, so you have to download some from the internet.

>    1. I saw From koha site and the information given is not that much
>       on dependencies. From where can I find detail list of
>       dependencies and detail installation steps?

http://www.kohadocs.org/ ->
http://www.kohadocs.org/Installing_Koha_on_Debian_sarge.html

Good luck!

Mourik Jan