[Koha] Overdues notices and fines: what scripts are supposed to work?

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Thu May 31 01:21:55 NZST 2007

If you are interested, I've written alternative fines and overdues
generators that are part of koha-tools (
http://kylehall.info/index.php/projects/koha-tools/ ).

The fines generator creates fines for an item upon the return of an
item, rather then generating fines each night. That means that each
item will only have one fine listed that totals the amount due, rather
than a fine for each day overdue. This more closely emulates our
previous ILS and our librarians preferred it.

The overdues generator allows you to specify the period of
'overdueness' and allows one to create a shelf list to check for items
that might have been accidentally shelved without first being
returned, and also a pdf of nicely formatted notices to mail out.

Both of them are written in PHP rather than Perl, and that's why I've
kept them in a separate project rather than as part of the Koha
repository.

Kyle

On 5/30/07, Kevin O'Rourke <lists at caboose.org.uk> wrote:
> I've just started looking into emailing overdue notices to our members.
> I tried out the overduenotices.pl script but it doesn't seem to be
> working.  I don't get any output when I run it with the -n parameter (no
> email, output to stdout) but I also don't get any errors.  Does anyone
> have this working correctly in 2.2.9 (Debian Sarge)?
>
> The documentation at kohadocs.org seems to suggest that since version
> 2.2 none of the scripts for calculating fines work.  Is this true?
>
> --
> Kevin O'Rourke
> ICT Coordinator, National Teachers' Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria
> 062 316972

IT Tech
Crawford County Federated Library System