[Koha] How to make MARC Fields Appear in Opac?

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed May 30 05:08:31 NZST 2007

Hi Bo,

The visibility settings in Koha are designed to affect the visibility
of fields in the MARC view of the OPAC, not the default view. If you
want to alter the view of the default view you'll have to edit the
template directly.

We've had some ideas for a while for using an XSLT stylesheet to
change what is visible, and indeed, we've even done some mockups
of what that could look like and the flexibility it would give
us, but unfortunately, no library has stepped forward and sponsored
that feature enhancement.

If you're interested, here's a mockup of what could be done:

XSLT Stylesheet:
http://search.athenscounty.lib.oh.us/opac-tmpl/compact.xsl

Resulting view:
http://search.athenscounty.lib.oh.us/cgi-bin/koha/opac-cardview.pl?bib=88099

By altering that simple XSLT stylesheet you could drastically change
the 'simple' view of a given record. ... anyway ...

Cheers,