[Koha] Re: Koha 2.0.0 to 2.2.9 migration - catalogue search doesn't find anything

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed May 23 19:33:08 NZST 2007

Rick Welykochy wrote:

> I am trying another search: that found on the Catalogue page
> in the (port 8080) Intranet area. The script is
>
> /cgi-bin/koha/MARCdetail.pl
>
> The symptoms in this case are much different. The browser never
> completes the request. This is because the web server goes into
> a tailspin, load average 6.0+, CPU at 100%, with mysql and perl
> churning away seemingly forever. Perhaps the query would have
> eventually stopped, but with the load avg climbing and the server
> brought to its knees I thought it best to terminate the web
> process before things got out of hand.
>
> Perhaps these symptoms might provide a bit more insight.

I ran the above search again and decided to wait to see what happened.
The Koha server eventually returned the results .... lots and lots
of them. So many that my browser went a bit wonky.

The good thing was that the Koha server handled the large search
request fine and the load avg returned to normal.

So it appears that the catalogue search in the Intranet area
works fine.

The problem remains with the OPAC search.

cheers
rickw